There Has to Be an Easier Way
Work through the lessons at your own pace, on your own time. Read the lesson, watch the demo, then complete the self-check exercises to complete your learning. Speed through the 4 modules or pick out only what you need when you need it. Spend more time on what benefits you most and zoom through parts you are already confident in.
Instructor: Adrienne Montgomerie
What past students say:
"I learned things I could use at my desk right on the first day!"
"You read, you watch, then you do."
"It's only the first lesson and I've already earned my money back."
Adrienne is a certified copyeditor who has been freelance editing for major publishers and international NGOs since 1997. She teaches in several university-level publishing programs and is known as a specialist in making the most of onscreen editing. Her Editing in Word textbook on which this course is based has sold in over 21 countries.
Glimpse at the Curriculum
- Why the Track Changes Feature Is Standard
- Setting Preferences and Options
- Mac demo — Track Changes Basics (8:43)
- Windows demo — Track Changes Basics (10:00)
- Exercise 1 — Tracking Changes
- When Not to Track, and When to Force Tracking
- Exercise 2 — Lock TC on
- Mac demo — Lock TC On (2:06)
- Windows demo — Lock TC On (1:12)
- Quiz on Track Changes
- Why Compare Docs
- Windows demo — Compare Docs (4:13)
- Mac demos — Compare Docs (6:54)
- Exercise 3 — Compare Docs
- Coaching Your Writer in Effective Use
- Troubleshooting Tracked Changes
- Windows demo — Effect of page view (1:33)
- Mac demo — Effect of page view (2:22)
- Windows demo — Pasting with tracked changes (3:11)
- Mac demo — Pasting tracked changes (2:04)
- Quiz 2 on Track Changes
- Overview of Find & Replace
- F&R filters in the Mac sidebar
- F&R RegEx in the Navigation pane
- Demo — Basics of Find & Replace (7:31)
- Mac demo — F&R for non-printing characters (5:20)
- Windows demo — F&R for non-printing characters (7:56)
- Exercise 6 — F&R spaces
- Windows demo — Advanced F&R & Regex (7:56)
- F&R Formatting
- Exercise 7 — Advanced F&R
- Troubleshooting F&R
- Exercise 8 — Wildcards
More learning options are being added now. Stay tuned.